Hypnotherapy and psychotherapy for individuals in Bristol
My combination of psychotherapy and hypnosis is different. Indeed not uncommonly clients who’ve been to other therapists tell me that I am the first person who has actually helped them. I use both treatment methods aimed at here-and-now action in everyday life (eg solution-oriented therapy, cognitive-behavioural hypnotherapy). And I use methods to heal deeper, or hidden, emotions (hypnoanalysis, inner child healing, family constellation).
My work is effective, empowering, honest and respectful, with a warm and human approach.
There are many hypnotists and psychotherapists in Bristol. Research proves a key factor is how you get on personally with the counsellor, so you are welcome to meet me for a free half-hour initial meeting. (Bristol only.)
Issues I help with
Here are just some of the endless variety of issues I have given individuals help and guidance with over many years. If I can’t help for any reason, or I feel you would be better with a different therapist, I say so at once.
There is a beautiful Maori proverb: “When you turn towards the sun, the shadows disappear.” If you are ready to turn towards the sun, my work is for you. Remember, even if clouds are making the noon sky dark – the sun is always there.
● Bulemia ● Anorexia ● Weight loss ● Eating disorders ● Negative thinking ● Excessive drinking ● Alcohol abuse ● Habits ● Depression ● Lack of confidence ● Eating problems ● Moving forward ● Weight loss ● Relationships ● Relationship breakup ● Relationship pho~bia ● Divorce ● Emotional pain ● Inner-turmoil ● Regaining control ● Anxiety ● Stress ● Internet addiction ● Pornography addiction ● Embracing leadership ● Irritable bowel syndrome ● IBS ● Fears phobias ● Vaginismus ● Inability to orgasm ● Erectile dysfunction ● Premature ejaculation ● Assertiveness ● Coping with redundancy ● Emetophobia (fear of vomiting) ● Post-traumatic stress ● Sexual abuse ● Fear of entity possession ● Stopping smoking ● Sleep ● Insomnia ● Becoming unstuck ● Career choice ● Rediscovering meaning ● self-esteem ● Inner conflicts ● Eczema ● Interview nerves ● Exam-nerves ● Driving-anxiety ● Communication ● Motivation ● Panic attacks ● Resentment ● Anger ● Anger management ● Bereavement ● Grief ● Guilt ● Shame ● Trauma ● Creativity ● Childhood trauma
Hope without hype, realism plus inspiration
I want to advertise honestly. I want to offer hope without hype, inspiration based on realism. All these issues can occur on a spectrum from mild to severe. Treatment ranges from simple counselling to, at the extreme end, very specialist intervention – eating disorders can be life threatening. Inspiration is that the voice that says “I am a hopeless case” is virtually never, ever true. Change and healing are always possible. Realism is that some things take time. It doesn’t need to take long for a seed to germinate, but then some trees grow very rapidly, some more slowly. No therapy can make that different.
And, realism is also that life really, really can change – starting now! There is a beautiful Maori proverb: “When you turn towards the sun, the shadows disappear.” If you are ready to turn towards the sun, my work is for you. Every week I see the dramatic change from lifelong hurt that happens when people turn towards the sun.
For information on cost and length of hypnosis / psychotherapy sessions in Bristol see here.
To make an appointment, or to find out if I am the right Bristol psychotherapist or Bristol hypnotist for you, please just ring and speak to me directly. I’m happy to talk or to arrange a free half-hour introductory meeting. 0845 3510604 / 0117-955-0490. There are some issues I don’t deal with, I’ll let you know if that is the case.
- Depression and negative thinking - More than any other problem, depression and negative thinking sing you the song: "Nothing will ever do any good, nothing will ever get any better." Happily, this is wrong.
- Low self-confidence and poor self-esteem - Many people function brilliantly as nurses, plumbers, artists, mothers, fathers. Yet secretly they feel terrible inside; weak, unattractive, vulnerable, feeling their achievements are fraudulent.
- Food, weight and eating - People give themselves a hard time around eating and weight. Whether over- or under-weight, they commonly feel shame, failure, secrecy, ugliness, out of control, powerless to change, and desperation.
- What you really need to quit smoking - Read this even if you end up going to a different hypnotist to stop smoking. It will tell you some plain honest facts which almost no other hypnotist makes clear to people.
- The Basic Law of Emotional Healing - People are afraid of their sadness, anger and fear, afraid of overwhelm, despair, hurting others and harming their lives. So they do exactly the wrong thing - they run away from emotions.
- Hypnosis for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) - NHS research proves hypnosis offers a good likelihood of giving welcome and permanent relief for this sometimes crippling condition, often when all other treatments have failed.
- Hypnotherapy for fear of flying in Bristol - Many fear flying, many have have overcome their flying phobia though the power of hypnotherapy and cognitive-behavioural hypnosis. So can you.
- Hypnosis in Bristol for driving anxiety - Do you have a fear of driving? If so, you have company. Research into driving anxiety (also called "driving anxiety disorder") by the RAC Foundation shows it is surprisingly common, especially fear of motorway driving.
- Hypnosis for insomnia in Bristol - These tips constitute just about all the practical advice known to the human race about getting a good night’s sleep. Although there is an enormous amount of research into sleep, very little of practical use has come out of it beyond the information given here.