Relationships index and introduction page
If you are thinking of couples counselling for the first time, the place to start is my couples FAQ page. That’s got everything you need to know. If you then still have questions, please just contact me.
Below on this page, you will find the index to all my relationship posts.
First, posts that are relationship exercises. Some are aimed at making good relationships deeper, others at helping to solve problems. One or two (eg the Barefoot Stress Counsellor) are for individuals, but are so useful I’ve included them here.
- Fighting is not compulsory – first aid for couples conflicts
- Don’t complain about feelings, make requests for actions
- “You Colour Me” by Pocket Universe – deepen your relationship via pop songs
- “Love, look at the two of us” – deepen your relationship via pop songs
- “Your true colours are beautiful” – deepen your relationship via pop songs
- If it doesn’t work, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT
- “Thank you for hearing me” – deepen your relationship via pop songs
- Barefoot stress counsellor: a solution-oriented self-help tool
- Romantic film lists for the couples self-help exercise
- Snuggle up, discuss films, and save your relationship
- Actually helpful relationship self-help books, a short list
Other posts, that are not exercises.
- Adele’s River Lea: Finding love, but not letting love in
- Universal love and “private-reality” love in your relationship
- Issues for marriage counselling in Bristol